Monday, August 2, 2010

The Otherside of Sacrifice


Soo, I'm back. during my brief intermission, I've been on Ted(.com PauseGrandad) more than a little bit. Some things have resonated and stayed with me more than others. The main two I draw from are this one by a phenomenal woman Sheena Iyengar + Gary Vaynerchuk. As well as the fact that I am a follower of Christ(Not So Much A Christian, but that's up for debate), and was commissioned to do a mix that emphasizes Freedom & Sacrifice. Contrary to this commissioned need to express that through music. I can't wholeheartedly convey feelings of sacrifice this way, or at least not give a mix to a group of people on a sunday and not have them feeling like a border line emo manic-depressant. Also they asked to keep it upbeat. So, hey, go figure. None the less this (mixset)is more of a focus on the pay off. The moment when all has come to the surface that was once keeping you so stressed. Anyway. I present to you:

01. Lovely Day - Bill Withers
02. Golden - Jill Scott(ZO!!! Rmx)
03. Count Your Blessings - Nas & Damien Marley
04. Sky Is Ours - Dam-Funk
Walk the line

No comments:

Post a Comment