Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Moving to Metropolis


Sooo, yeah. Been a fan of Janelle Monae since I heard her go on an outkast track, either Morris Brown or Letting Go. Then I heard some of her own material. AMAZING. Although I have actually never saw the movie Metropolis, but from what I've read about it seems to be the cinematographic shish. Seems to have been father to all those big brother/corporate/Illuminati type movies. Yeah so the whole Blade Runner concept was thought of before it was even thought of! So from that movie one can take a lot, as did Janelle Monae. She has, in her music, made the concept character of Cindy Mayweather. If you're familiar with such, no need to explain. Enjoy the mix. If you are unfamiliar, CATCH UP TO THE ELITE, and enjoy the mix.

The Chase
Violent Stars/Happy Hunting
Many Moons
Cold War
My Favorite Nothing

Long Distance to Freedom
*all songs by Janelle Monae...

No comments:

Post a Comment