Friday, August 6, 2010

None Of That Jive Talk here, JACK!


Soo, yesterday I watched a (with all due respect)uber-coon-inematography-esque() youtube video of Petey Greene(I will NOT post the link) explaining how to enjoy watermelon. Although I will say this, it was hella funny & nigarious with a high ratio of quotability for days on out of enjoyment. If your not familiar with the iconic & groundbreaking Petey Greene I urge you to exercise your patience in conjunction with your humorous side and find out more about the trendsetting and groundbreaking Mr.Greene I mean the man won TWO EMMY's. Yet, you may ask what does this have to do with today's mix, well Petey Greene rose to fame in the 70's in Washington D.C.. So then I wondered what would a provocative man such as Petey Greene listen to or watch besides himself seeing as he was on both radio + T.V.? Being that it was the 70's and he considered himself "The Finest Of Negros", one could only speculate it was the film/music genre revered, praised, then exploited by "whitey/the man" himself: Blaxploitaion. Although this is funky enough to make Dam-Funk & Bootsy make a stank face. These tunes are not necessarily from the films, more so cultivated from the era. For Your Funkiest Activities I give you:

Boscos Billionaires - Freddy Ribs
Chitlin Strut - The Backyard Heavies
I Got The... - Labi Striffe
Pulp Fusion - Gordon Staples and the Motown

Dont Be Jive'N Me Jack!

No comments:

Post a Comment