Monday, July 12, 2010

This One Goes Out TO YOU, TO YOU, THIS ONE GOES...


Sooo. While I was at the Guilty Simpson concert, I witnessed this Dj. He was live, he was a GOOD Dj, BUUUTTTTT! While I was listening to his song selection, it hit me! Why is there a certain few songs that most Djs play during their "HIP-HOP Sets"? I love A Tribe, I love Krs One, I love Gangstarr, ya know. Really though kid? EVERY SET? Johnny! Put 'em in a bodybag. I'm dying out here. So what can I do to thwart this repetitive notion? Educate the people on other "lesser known" but equally good songs. On this one I opted to leave out the "party" vibe, although back then that was a good thing about Hip-Hop, it was for all other purposes, stress relief and fun. This mix treads the line between the Streets and the Party. This Hip-Hop from about 1979-1990ish. Featuring one of my all time favorites Busy Bee... Lest not waist time:

R1.Its A Demo = Kool G Rap
R2.Suicide = Busy Bee
R3.Court Is Now In Session = Chill Rob G
R4.The Show Stoppa = Super Nature
R5.Sparky's Turn = Sparky D
R6.Just Buggin = Whistle
Do The Knowledge

No comments:

Post a Comment