Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Freestyle For Love


Sooo, This one means a lot to me. Being that I am half Puerto Rican and all. Plus this is somewhat what I was raised on, during a period in my life. I fondly remember going to my TiTi Melinda's parties on the west side of Cleveland, Ohio. It was SOOOO LIVE, or at least what I can remember, they used to go hard, all night. Any way! The Musical Genre covered in this mix is called Freestyle. Straight from a 1970's disco, to the syncopated, synthetic instrumentation of 1980's electro, had House not come into effect in the early 90's I believe Freestyle would still be a popular genre today. Which is where that whole Miami/Florida bass style deviated from. Don't believe me? Reference any Real older Puerto Rican, or anyone from NY in the late 80'searly 90's, preferably The Bronx. Hell it was even featured in Wild Style & Beat Street. So with no further adieu, from a corner of my memory bank, I Present: Freestyle For Love
*1-Show Me = The Cover Girls
*2-Crush On You = The Jets
*3-Come Go With Me = Exposure
*4-Spring Love = Stevie B
*5-Can You Feel The Beat = Lisa Lisa & Cult Jam
*6-I Wonder If I Take You Home = Lisa Lisa & Cult Jam
Bust It

No comments:

Post a Comment